Reader are you on Instagram? I recently joined because a coworker of mine suggested it. You can find and follow me here if you like; my user name is sarahdevour. I’m definitely a newbie, and I’m not really sure I’m doing it right – I keep thinking “Oh, I should Instagram this!” right after the moment has passed… I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it, and I’d love to connect with any of you who use Instagram.
I missed this post last week because I decided to take the weekend completely off. My husband and I headed into the mountains for a mini-break in a lovely little town called Canmore. It was just what we needed, as we indulged in fabulous food, wine, shopping, and treated ourselves to a luxurious day at the spa. We don’t have any significant time off planned until our trip to Italy in the fall, so a couple of days in Canmore was ideal to help tide us over until then.
One of my favourite things about living in Calgary is our proximity to the mountains. If we ever need to get away, Canmore is only an hour’s drive west of the city (more or less), and Banff (our more famous/busy mountain town) is just a bit further. In the summer we like to hike and camp, but in the colder months it’s nice just to hang out and enjoy the scenery, which is precisely what we did.
Here’s what happened this (and last) week:
What I posted:
- Green Chicken Enchilada Pizza
- Irish Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Butter Frosting and Crystallized Ginger
- Cheesy Stuffed Peppers
- Mini Orange Poppyseed Muffins
- Apple Cider Cheddar Bread
What I pinned:
- Pineapple Glazed Chicken Rice Bowls from Brown Sugar Mama. We’ve sworn off Chinese takeout, but this looks like an incredible at-home alternative. Trying this one for sure!
- Coconut-Crusted Rockfish with Mango Salsa and Cilantro, Lime & Coconut Rice Pilaf from Apples and Sparkle. How beautiful is this dish? If it tastes even half as good as it looks, I’m quite sure it will be one of my new favourites.
- Homemade White Cheddar Cheez-Its from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice. YES. I am obsessed with white cheddar Cheez-Its, but we can’t get them where I live! Every time I’m in the States I grab several boxes to snack on and refuse to share them with anyone…
That’s all for now! Until next time,