You guys, having the flu is terrible.
I’ve been stuck in bed with the stomach flu since Thursday night. I rarely get sick; in fact, in the two years at my current job, this past Friday was the first actual sick day I’ve taken there. I think I was starting to get a wee bit cocky, taunting the universe by bragging about my super-powered immune system and my ability to fight off impending illness by sheer force of will. Ok, Mother Nature, I get it. You win.
For someone who’s used to being constantly on-the-go, being bedridden for three days has been pretty awful. Luckily, I had an extremely cuddly, lazy furry companion to keep me company. She stayed by my side through hours of Law & Order: SVU reruns and romantic comedies, because what’s a sick day without crime drama and Nicholas Sparks?
The worst thing about the flu (well, maybe the second worst…) is that I have absolutely no appetite. I’m weak and shaky for lack of nourishment but the thought of eating anything just isn’t appealing at the moment. To address this terrible problem of mine, the recipes I’m making today (and will be sharing on the blog this week) are meant to be nourishing, hearty and delicious in order to entice my weak appetite. Stay tuned!
In case you missed a post, here’s I’ve shared since my last recap:
- Tropical Coconut Granola is delectable for breakfast or an anytime snack.
- Espresso Fudge Brownies – because everyone needs a perfect brownie recipe.
- Pomegranate Tabbouleh with Winter Vegetables is healthy and tasty with its tart pomegranate molasses vinaigrette.
- Maple Sugar Ragamuffins are the quickest, easiest sticky buns you could ever hope to make.
- Arugula Walnut Pesto is a nice change from traditional basil pesto, and tastes great on pasta.
That’s all for today, folks. I think I see another rom-com on my horizon, followed by a solid nap. And here’s hoping that what’s baking in my oven and bubbling on my stove will restore my appetite…
Until next time,